Do you dream of being on stage in the next big musical? Want to nail that next audition? Do you struggle with knowing what to sing? Do you just want to have fun belting out your favorite show tunes? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, then this class is for you!
For budding performers with some singing experience to accomplished performers with a long resume, this 6-week workshop is geared towards audition technique and exploring and building musical theatre repertoire (although all genres of music are welcome). You will be able to experiment with new material or fine-tune songs that are already in your repertoire.
You will also:
- be given song suggestions that are appropriate to age and type, and will subsequently learn how to pick material for yourself
- learn how to build and organize your audition book
- work on audition technique, including how to enter the room, talk to the accompanist, and present your material
- receive acting and musical guidance to help shape your performance, focusing on techniques of musical storytelling
- analyze song structure and explore given circumstances
- practice interpreting the lyric, both musically and dramatically
- build skills in vocal projection, articulation, intonation, physicality, character development, and stage presence
- learn how to critique your peers in a positive, constructive way
- gain overall confidence in performance skills
PREREQUISITE: Some singing experience (examples: voice lessons; school/church/community choirs; talent shows; school/community stage productions/concerts/showcases; summer camps, etc.)
NOTE: Constellation Stage & Screen programs are not eligible for Ivy Tech Employee Fee Remission.